The June L.Mazer Lesbian Archives is dedicated exclusively to preserving lesbian AND FEMINIST history.
The Archives is committed to gathering and preserving materials by and about lesbians and feminists of all classes, ethnicities, races and experiences.
Included are personal letters and scrapbooks, artwork, manuscripts, books, records, newspapers, magazines, photographs, videotapes, flyers, papers of lesbian and feminist organizations, private papers, and even clothing, such as softball uniforms from the 1940s and 50s.
Some of our significant collections include materials received from:
• The women of the West Coast Lesbian Collections for starting the preservation of our history and passing along materials from lesbians such as Marion Zimmer Bradley and Ruth Reid.
• Bunny Mac Culloch
• June Mazer – personal writings, ephemera, as well as her publications and clippings
• Lillian Faderman – correspondence and papers
• Judy Freespirit – personal papers
• Barbara Greer – collection of Lesbian, Gay & Women’s Publications
• Naiad Press – a copy of each publication
• Diana Press – organizational papers
• Daughters of Bilitis – organizational papers
• Southern California Women for Understanding – organizational papers
• Connexxus Women’s Center/Centro de Mujeres – organizational papers
• Los Angeles Women’s Community Chorus – organizational papers & music
• Margaret Cruikshank – working papers
• Diane Germain - artwork & personal papers
• Margaret A.Porter
• Ester Bentley – memorabilia & personal papers
• Terri de la Pena – personal papers
• Wolfe Video – videos
• Ardy Tibby – memorabilia
• Sharon Siegel – personal papers
• Marie Cartier – personal papers
• Mickey Spencer – Broomstick organizational papers
• Jinx Beers & Alicia Austin - pulps
• Paradigm Records – LPs
• Dani Adams - WAVAW (Women Against Violence Against Women) organizational papers
• Tee Corine – artwork & published books
• Pat Nordell – personal materials
• Degania Golove – lesbian studies research
• Christine Burton – Book Collection
• Mary Rudd – softball uniforms (1940s, 1950s & 1960s)
• Barbara Mac Donald – personal papers
• Cynthia Rich – personal papers
• Colonel (r) Margarethe Cammermeyer – personal papers
• Bev Hickock - personal papers and photos
• J D Disalvatore – personal papers and photos
• Michele Kort
• Sherry Neterland
• Rita C. Gonzales
Click on the hyperlinks above to read in detail about some of these Collections.
Links will open in a new window.
More Notable Collections will be available online soon.
Our viewing hours at The Mazer are:
Every Tuesday 11:00 AM - 1:00 PM
Every Sunday 11:00 AM - 3:00 PM
All other times by appointment.
Please call/email and let us know you are coming to ensure we are here before you arrive at our doors. This is a good idea anytime you're planning a visit.
Researchers, please let us know what you are looking for so we can prepare and have things ready for you.